Holland was originally built as an unpowered horse boat by the canal carrier’s Fellows Morton & Clayton at their Saltley boatyard in 1905. In 1937 she was converted to a conventional motor boat by W.J.Yarwoods & Sons who removed the horse drawn stern and replaced this with a motors counter. Holland subsequently went to work for British Waterways north western division upon nationalisation, she fell into disuse and was restored as trip boat by Malcolm Braine at Norton Canes for the Lee Valley Narrowboat Company and subsequently went to work for Jasons Trip Boats in London. Upon retirement from commercial tripping she was bought in a dilapidated state by Ian and Tina Tyler who undertook the restoration back to working trim.

Holland was bought to us in October 2012, after having a new cabin and hull steelwork completed. She was brought to South Island Marina for the complete fitting out and finishing of a traditional boatmans cabin and construction of all the running gear to finish the boat to original trading condition. The work undertaken included gunnel refurbishment on the cargo hold and replacement where necessary, a full set of running gear constructed including cratch, mast, top mast, stands, beams, toplanks, uprights and false floors, cloths and ropework fitted, traditional engine controls and pipe work, complete fitting out of the boatmans cabin, integrating and refurbishing the traditionally decorated panels out of the previous boatmans cabin, cabin and engine room painted inside and out with traditional scumble graining. A full professional paint job was also undertaken.