South Island Marina is situated on the River Lee Navigation at Ponders End, just three hours cruising from the River Thames at Limehouse and within a day’s cruising of central London. South Island Marina is ideally situated for those who wish to retreat up river to the rural delights of the Upper Lee and the River Stort.
Clover was built in 1935 for the canal carriers Fellows, Morton & Clayton by W.J.Yarwoods & Son and cabined by FMC themselves at their Uxbridge dock. Clover was acquired by Michael Pinnock in April 2006. With the hull in good order, the inside and outside of the cabin were repainted, the running gear was restored by Michael and a full new set of cloths were fitted, a Bolinder 1053 coldstart engine was rebuilt and installed by John Pattle.