South Island Marina is owned and run by Michael Pinnock and was developed by Michael's father in the early 1990’s. It went from a derelict and overgrown area into a fully functioning marina.
Initially his fathers main reason for developing the moorings was for somewhere to store the family’s own narrow boat and those of friends, but the need for safe and secure moorings in the area developed the site into a professionally run marina operation.
Since his father’s retirement in 2007 Michael has continued to run the marina operation to the same standards providing safe and secure moorings with marina services. Since then Michael has developed the marina further to include additional services.
Built in 1935 for the canal carriers Fellows, Morton & Clayton. Still used today for carrying.
Originally built in 1926 for the canal carriers Fellows, Morton & Clayton.
Built in 1921 by Fellows, Morton & Clayton at their Saltley boatyard. Originally to be built as a motorboat, but due to a shortage of engines was finished as an unpowered horse boat.